Connecting to PM5
ErgZone only works with PM5 monitors since it uses Bluetooth technology. PM3 does not work with it even if you have the USB cable.
How to connect?
On the PM5:
- Turn "Menu" to turn it on
- Click "Connect"
- Open the app
- Find the workout you want
- Click "Start"
- Click "Scan For PM5"
- Click "Connect"
- Wait for the message to start: "Row to Start", "Pull to Start" or "Pedal to Start"
Note: the first time you connect will take a little longer. If you wait more than 40 seconds with no success, proceed to the question bellow.
Experiencing problems to connect?
Before you proceed, make sure you followed all the steps on the "How to connect" section.
- Check if wireless is turned on in the PM5 and you have Bluetooth enabled in your phone
- Don’t start ErgData. PM5 only allows one app to be connected at the same time via Bluetooth. Better yet, force close the app to make sure it is not connected to the erg.
- Are you using a HR monitor? If so then make sure you're using Ant+ instead of Bluetooth.
- Are there any other erg machines in the same room? Make sure you are selecting the one that displays the same number
- Make sure your PM5 is not in the list of paired devices in the Bluetooth settings of your phone. If it's there then you have to "Forget" the PM5 device. PM5 uses a different Bluetooth protocol designed for low energy devices which doesn't need manual pairing.
- Check your device's battery mode, in some cases, device will not connect if battery saving mode is on.
- Restart your mobile device
- You need to allow the Bluetooth permission. The app prompts you to allow the permission but to make sure everything is correct, go to the iOS settings, search for ErgZone and see if the Bluetooth option is enabled.
- On Android, disable battery optimization for some specific apps. See this YouTube video showing all the steps you have to take.
- If you are on Android, then you have to allow the location permission and have GPS enabled. We don't track any location data but this is how Android allows the app to connect via BLE (Bluetooth low energy) devices
Still experiencing difficulties with an Android device?
Some users in the past reported that pairing and unpairing a bluetooth device would reset some Android cache. Try this:
- Turn PM5 on press the connect button
- Go to the bluetooth settings (where you can pair a new device)
- Pair with the PM5 device that shows up in your phone
- Unpair that PM5 by forgetting the device.
Another thing to try is to clear your device's Bluetooth cache. Keep in mind that doing that then you'll have to pair again any bluetooth devices that was saved before like speakers, watches and other. The PM5 doesn't need to be paired though. Here are the steps to clear the Bluetooth cache:
- Go to the Settings on your Android device.
- Select Application Manager
- Click the 3 dots in the top right corner and select All System Apps.
- Scroll and tap on the Bluetooth app.
- Stop your device’s Bluetooth app by tapping Force Stop.
- Next tap Clear Cache.
- Restart your device and try connecting ErgZone again.
Still not success?
Join our Facebook Group and ask your questions, someone from the ErgZone team will help you.
Not on Facebook?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Can I use my Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) with ErgZone?
ErgZone reads HR information from the PM5 monitor.
Connect your HR monitor to the PM5 before connecting ErgZone to the PM5.
When connecting HR to PM5 make sure you select ANT+ option when available.
For more information on how to connect your HR monitor to PM5, refer to Concept2’s official guide:
Can I see HR% instead of BPM?
Yes. Go to settings and provide your MAX HR.
ErgZone will display BPM only if a MAX HR is not provided.
What does the colors on the zone column means?
Colors represent Heart Rate Zones:
- Below 60% is grey
- 61-70% blue
- 71-80% green
- 81-90% orange
- 91+ red
The colors inside the ring represents the amount of time in each zone and it's ordered clockwise, meaning that the zone you spent most time is the one that starts at 12 o'clock. While working out, your current zone will be displayed thicker (bold).
I don’t use a HR monitor. Can I hide the HR column when I workout?
Yes. Go to setting and disable HR. That way HR information will not be displayed as default.
External Services Connection
How do I send my session to Strava/Garmin
ErgZone will automatically upload your workout to Concept2 Logbook. Logbook will connect to Strava and Garmin Connect.
For more information, refer to Concept2’s official guides:
How to send workout sessions to Apple Health so it can track my activities?
ErgZone does not have native support for it but you can achieve this integration by connecting your Logbook account to Strava and then allowing Strava to connect to Apple Health. Here are the steps:
- Create a free Strava account
- Link your Logbook account to Strava https://www.concept2.com/news/connecting-to-strava
- Download the Strava App and open it
- Go to Profile -> Settings (gear icon) -> Application, Services and Devices -> Health
- Connect to Health and enable the toggle "Send to Health"
After completing a workout on ErgZone, you'll have to open the Strava app so it can upload the workout session to Apple Health.
How to send workout sessions to Google Fit so it can track my activities?
ErgZone does not have native support for it but you can achieve this integration by connecting your Logbook account to Strava and then allowing Strava to connect to Google Fit. Here are the steps:
- Create a free Strava account
- Link your logbook account to Strava https://www.concept2.com/news/connecting-to-strava
- Download the Strava App and open it
- Go to Profile -> Settings (gear icon) -> Link Other Services
- Enable Google Fit
After completing a workout on ErgZone, you'll have to open the Strava app so it can upload the workout session to Google Fit.
How do I sync my workouts to the Logbook
ErgZone will automatically send the workout information to Logbook as soon as it is finished.
If you signed in as guest in the app, then go the settings screen to connect to the Logbook.
I didn’t complete all the intervals I had programmed. Will my workout be synced to the Logbook?
Yes. To stop a workout, click on the “stop” button on the top left of ErgZone app or click Menu on the PM5 monitor.
If you fail to do so, ErgZone won’t know you have stopped working out and will wait a couple of hours to send the information to the Logbook.
How can I create my workout to be ranked?
Not every workout can be ranked, check the official list of pieces that can be ranked on the Logbook: https://log.concept2.com/help#ranking
Only single distance or single time workouts will be rankable. Meaning, no rest can be added to the piece.
ErgZone makes it easier to create a valid workout to be ranked, for that, add a single interval with the total time or distance. Then, click on the "Splits" button to create splits you wish to see on ErgZone.
As an example, here is the step-by-step how to create a valid Half Marathon on ErgZone:
- Add Title, Description to your workout
- Click "New Interval"
- Type the total meters (21,097)
- Click "Close"
- Click "Splits"
- Divide the workout as you wish. For example, 1000m. ErgZone will create 21 splits with 1000m and one with 97m.
Before you start, check that PM5 is displaying the total distance.
If you don't see the total distance (or time), your workout has not been created as a single piece.
Check out this video to see how it works.
Are workouts verified?
Yes. ErgZone automatically verifies your workouts.
My workouts are set as heavy weight (HWT). Can I change to LWT?
Yes. Go to settings, on the bottom of the screen you can choose between HWT and LWT.
Data Displayed On ErgZone
What metrics can I see on ErgZone?
ErgZone has the following metrics available:
- Duration (time)
- Pace: /500m - row and ski, /1000m for bike
- Heart Rate
- Zone (HR)
- Count (stroke)
- DF (Drag Factor)
- Cals (Calories)
- SPI (Stroke Power Index)
- Power Percentage (Based on benchmark)
Tap on the last 2 column headers on the workout screen to switch metrics. Watch this in action on this video.
The same functionality is available when you check the results on the workouts list. Click here to watch a demonstration.
How do I create my own workout?
- Click on the "Workouts" icon on the bottom left of the screen
- Click on the (+) plus icon on the top right of the screen
- Add Title, Description and intervals
- Click "Save"
You can see how it works on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzxjaKzIoR4
How can I share my workouts with friends?
Access our Group FAQ to get all information.